Data Modeler responsibilitiesTHE JOB:
The successful candidate will work on impactful projects that range from predicting customer life-time values and optimizing customer journeys to incorporating novel data sources for building cutting-edge pricing algorithms.
A hands-on leader, the successful candidate will have the technical acumen to both propose solutions and build algorithms and at the same time provide strategic leadership and manage projects.
WE WILL DEPEND ON THIS PERSON TO: Own:
The data acquisition, data analysis, data modeling and recommendations for all data driven features on the product – including diagnosis, pricing, recommendations among others. Teach:
Data analytics results and recommendations as required to other team members. Data availability and usage. Implications of data analysis. Learn:
Deep understanding of business, customer experience, data landscape, Improve
: Analysis of all company data to inform business decisions.
Must have Skills:
- 1 month: This person will:
- 3 months: This person will:
- 6 months: This person will:
- An educational background in computer-science or engineering, math, statistics, physics or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in managing teams and leading large projects.
- 3+ years of experience with model development and working with large datasets.
- 3+ programming experience in SQL, Python or R with good grasp of software engineering best practices such as code-reusability, modularity, use of repos, etc.
- Proven track record of success in the development and deployment of data management, data governance, data analytics and business intelligence projects and programs
- Prior experience in helping organizations mature their data science framework, governance and capabilities
- Leadership style that exhibits strategic thinking, high energy, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
- Strong commercial orientation with the ability to interpret business requirements and translate those into actionable and practical technology strategies
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate with key business and technology stakeholders to develop recommendations, achieve buy-in and achieve measurable results
- A growth mindset with versatile skills and able to work through problems systematically.
- A portfolio of projects that demonstrate your ability to draw inferences from data.
- A can-do team player who is willing to roll-up the sleeves and do whatever is needed to move projects forward. That means at times you will wear multiple hats and be a project manager, developer, modeler and chief communicator of solutions.
- Amazing people skills and able to translate and communicate complex algorithms to non-technical experts. Someone who understands that it is not enough to just have a great algorithm but important to create a buy-in for the solution from different stakeholders.
- The best problems in the industry are yet to be articulated. We need someone who is creative, self-motivated and can lead projects independently.
- Ground-floor opportunity in an exciting technology start-up
- Cutting edge technology already awarded many patents by the U.S government
- Company stock options available for top performers
- Product and compensation terms and details apply
Upon receiving your application, if qualified you'll be provided with exclusive access to the alpha product.